[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18118] Poisson solver issue for spin-unrestricted calculation of heme

'Lukas Krieger' via cp2k cp2k at googlegroups.com
Wed Nov 30 12:48:33 UTC 2022

Hi,
ah true, I'll send it to you in a couple of minutes. My first idea was also
to set multiplicity to 5 but then I recognized that 2 of the nitrogens
around the iron are negatively charged so that the charge compensates to 0
in the inner region (qtot=-2 comes from the carboxy-groups). As nitrogen
has 3 unpaired P-electrons due to Hund's rule I thought that I have to give
a start configuration at least for Fe^2+, N and N^-.

Sincerely

Lukas