[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18097] On the large temperature fluctuation of proton water clusters running AIMD

'Mengxu Li (Mengxu)' via cp2k cp2k at googlegroups.com
Sun Nov 27 06:54:35 UTC 2022

Dear all,

       I' m simulating *the AIMD of the H+(H2O)3 cluster*. I have seen this
work, *Schran et al., J. Chem. Theory Comput., 16, 88 (2020)**. * The
article explicitly mentioned used parameter settings when simulating AIMD
in the article: *the **cutoff of 500Ry, TZV2P basis set, the time step
of 0.25fs, temperature of 300K, **Nosé chain thermostat*, etc. We have
used similar parameter settings and *simulated 25ps, but the temperature
fluctuation range is large and there is no trend of equilibrium *.

        Could you give me some advice? I would appreciate your assistance
in my problem.
      PS: the input and output files are attached.

[image: temperature.png]

                            Yours sincerely,

LMX