[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18051] restart standard MTD from WT-MTD - error

Emma Rossi emma.rossi.1 at studenti.unipd.it
Fri Nov 18 15:28:42 UTC 2022

Dear all,
I performed a well tempered metadynamics (WT-MTD), but my sampling is too
poor. The bias factor I set is too low and now I have not enough potential
to exit from a deep energy well.

I tried to restart the overmentioned simulation cancelling the input lines
referred to the WT in
&FREE_ENERGY
     &METADYN
sections in order to restart a standard MTD basically. I restarted also the
wavefunction obtained from WT-MTD. However, my job was aborted and I got
the following error message

*Found section SPAWNED_HILLS_INVDT while restarting a standard metadynamics
run... Cannot restart metadynamics from well-tempered MetaD runs. *

I would be very grateful if any of you could explain to me the reasons of
the message? Is it a problem of method, so I cannot restart a standard MTD
from a WT-MTD for inconsistencies in the Physics? Or do I have to remove
further line from the restart?

I attach the restart from WT-MTD that I modified as I explained and the
output file.

Thank you very much in advance for your collaboration.
Best regards,
Emma Rossi