[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17970] Lagrangian metadynamics parameters & tuning

alh chin alhchin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 12:27:25 UTC 2022

Dear all,

I want to use Lagrangian MTD to study a reaction (since the barrier appears
to be high), I checked the CP2K manuals and the example at exercises:2015_cecam_tutorial:mtd1
[CP2K Open Source Molecular Dynamics ]
<https://www.cp2k.org/exercises:2015_cecam_tutorial:mtd1>
I found that I need to specify 4 parameters for Lagrangian MTD,
(1)TEMPERATURE
(2)TEMP_TOL
and for each CV,
(3) LAMBDA
(4) MASS

my questions are
(1) I understand why TEMPERATURE need to be specified, but why TEMP_TOL
(temperature tolerance) has to be specified?
(2) is LAMBDA the force constant for the fictitious particle? what's the
unit?
(3) what would be good values for TEMP_TOL and (most importantly) LAMBDA,
and, how to tune LAMBDA?

Thanks,

Alh.