[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17054] Re: How to print information only once in GEO_OPT?

Matt Watkins mattwatkinsuk at gmail.com
Thu May 26 18:42:33 UTC 2022

See
https://manual.cp2k.org/cp2k-9_1-branch/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/DFT/SCF/PRINT/RESTART.html
You can set the ADD_LAST keyword to tell CP2K to print out the restart at
the end of the simulation.
You can also setup an  &EACH section that will decide how often the
relevant quantities are printed - so set QS_SCF and GEO_OPT to 0 to stop
writing.

So in the DFT section
&SCF
     &PRINT
          &RESTART
                  ADD_LAST SYMBOLIC
                  &EACH
                      QS_SCF 0
                      GEO_OPT 0
                  &END EACH
        &END RESTART
    &END PRINT
&END SCF
This type of setup works for other PRINT sections too.
You might want to set a RESTART_HISTORY section and/or a BACK_COPIES
keyword too.
Matt