[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17024] Restarting a NEB Simulation

timw...@hotmail.com timwang98 at hotmail.com
Wed May 25 05:29:27 UTC 2022

Dear CP2K Users,

I want to restart my CI-NEB simulations, but I found that it will always
give me a warning as shown in the screenshot attached. It says the
wavefunction restart file does not exist. Indeed, I could not find it in
the files generated. However, the weird thing is that in the input file, I
did mention "WFN_RESTART_FILE_NAME NEB_gluc_fruc_gC3N4-RESTART.kp".
Personally, I think the problem is that instead of generating one restart
file for the wavefunction, it generates several wavefunction restart files
for each replica, where the names of these files follow the following
format "NEB_gluc_fruc_gC3N4-BANDX-RESTART.kp" (X is the number of the
replica, i.e. 1, 2, 3, ...). I'm wondering if someone knows how to restart
NEB simulations using the previously generated wavefunctions? Currently,
although I can restart it, it will always use ATOMIC GUESS which is
inefficient.

Best,
Tim