[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17030] Re: SCF convergence - CoO for XAS Calculation

Marcella Iannuzzi marci.akira at gmail.com
Tue May 24 15:35:02 UTC 2022

Dear Börries,

The calculation in CoO_calc_DIAG.out also did not converge.
Actually the SCF shows a rather weird behaviour.
The difference in number of ERIs  integrals- and then in timings- between
the two calculations (OT and DIAG) is rather large, and it is caused by the
setting of
EPS_SCHWARZ 1.0E-5
in the OT calculation. This value is absolutely too large, and might also
be one of the reasons why the ground state electronic structure does not
converge.
It is not recommendable to start the XAS calculation before obtaining a
well converged ground state.

Regards
Marcella

On Tuesday, May 24, 2022 at 4:50:41 PM UTC+2 boerries.v... at googlemail.com