[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17014] could not find the libgfortran.so.5 when running cp2k-8.1 with mpirun

yueda wang ydwangmd at gmail.com
Sat May 21 15:28:38 UTC 2022

Dear members,

I used toolchain to build cp2k-8.1, the whole building process was well-off
and the testing was successful. However, when I used the command like this
"mpirun -n 24 cp2k.popt cp2k.inp 1>cp2k.out 2>cp2k.err", the process was
stopped and the error information was
"cp2k.popt: error while loading shared libraries: libgfortran.so.5: cannot
open shared object file: No such file or directory". Both popt and psmp
version were faced to the same error information above. This
libgfortran.so.5 file was found in the /lib64 directory via the "ldd
cp2k.popt" command, and I tried to add this path in my bashrc with the
sentence "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" and source
~/.bashrc again but it still does not work. So how to solve this problem
properly?

The relevant files and pictures were in the attachment including the
testing summary, error information, bashrc settings, setup file. And my
system was CentOS 7, the gcc, g++, gfortran were updated to 9.3.1 version.[image:
test-summary.png][image: bashrc.png][image: popt-err.png][image:
psmp-err.png]