[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16965] Re: Ar Basis sets

Matthew Graneri mhvg1994 at gmail.com
Fri May 13 04:44:06 UTC 2022

Hi Marcella

Thank you so much, I can't believe I missed the UZH Ar basis set! To be
honest, I didn't consider it because I thought that UZH was some
theoretical method I'd never heard of (like HFX or ADMM), and I only just
found out it stood for University of Zurich...

Unfortunately, there's no HFX basis set for argon (even on the git
repository), so I can't use that for my system. Would I be right in
assuming that, if I use BASIS_ADMM-UZH basis sets, I should also use
POTENTIAL_UZH and the BASIS_MOLOPT_UZH? Originally, I was going to use the
DZVP-GTH basis sets because (I believe) they are smaller. I also don't know
whether the fact that the UZH sets were optimised against the PBE0 will
cause issues with me using B3LYP as my functional. What do you think?

1) In that case, why would someone equilibrate their system with a MASSIVE
thermostat first, and then again with a GLOBAL thermostat? This is what is
done in the IR spec tutorial...
2) I thought that might be the case. Thank you!
3) Of course, that would make life too easy ;)

Thank you so much for your help! I have no experience with any type of bulk
calculation, so your advice is very much appreciated

Regards,

Matthew