[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16699] A question about implementation of electrostatics with induced dipoles in CP2K

Ljiljana Stojanovic stojanovicmljiljana at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 14:39:27 UTC 2022

Dear Prof. Hutter,

Thank you very much for your answer. I am sorry to reply a little late. My
question was related to the implementation of electrostatics with the
induced dipoles/quadrupoles. I copied below the &POISSON section of the
input. I thought that this implementation existed only in the developers'
version of the code, so I was not sure whether it was already possible to
use it. But later I realised it was implemented in version 9.1, so it can
be used, I think. I was wondering if I could find somewhere the details
about the implementation, for example how the interactions between dipoles
are treated intramolecularly to avoid the polarization catastrophe.

Thank you very much once again.

Best wishes
Ljiljana

Here is the &POISSON section of he input:
  &POISSON
       &MULTIPOLE
       &END MULTIPOLE
       &EWALD
         EWALD_TYPE EWALD
         RCUT     9.9000000000000021E+00
         GMAX  71 17 165
         &MULTIPOLES
           EPS_POL  3.00000000E-005
           MAX_IPOL_ITER 400
           MAX_MULTIPOLE_EXPANSION DIPOLE
           POL_SCF SELF_CONSISTENT #CONJUGATE_GRADIENT
         &END MULTIPOLES
       &END EWALD
       PERIODIC  XYZ
     &END POISSON