[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16694] Basis Set Combination for Oxygen Atoms in Solid and Gas Phase

Mona Abdelgaid mona.e.abdelgaid at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 22:41:52 UTC 2022

Dear CP2K users,

 I am currently studying the adsorption of different molecules on metal
oxides. From previous entrances, I have seen that Short Range (SR) Molopt
Basis sets are recommended for oxygen atoms in condensed phase systems
(i.e. in oxides). Nonetheless, these SR basis sets might not be well suited
for representing oxygen atoms in oxygen-containing gaseous adsorbates. For
this case, would it be reasonable to use a more complete basis set just for
the adsorbate’s oxygen atoms while maintaining the SR basis set for the
oxygen atoms in the solid phase? This would be set up through the
FORCE_EVAL/SUBSYS/KIND section, for instance:

    &KIND O1 #Oxygen atoms in the adsorbate molecule

      ELEMENT   O

      BASIS_SET DZVP-MOLOPT-GTH-q6

              POTENTIAL GTH-PBE-q6

    &END KIND