[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16683] Re: Problems of external potential and meta-MD wall

Marcella Iannuzzi marci.akira at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 09:01:21 UTC 2022

Dear Bai

In the first approach that you propose, you are assuming that the
coordinates of atom 5 remain fixed at X0 Y0 and Z0 during the simulation.
Is this really the case? If not, the effect of the external potential is to
keep atom 9 within a certain distance from a fixed point in the space, with
Cartesian coordinates (X0,Y0,Z0).

The second approach could work, if you correctly define the collective
variable.
According to what you wrote, there is a wall acting on a coordination
number, not on a distance.
This means that it should prevent the coordination number to become larger
than 3, not the distance.
This  is not going to produce the effect you want.

Regards
Marcella