[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17257] Energy comparison in AIMD

Alexandra Dávila a.celinda.dl at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 08:58:07 UTC 2022

Dear cp2k-users,

I have performed AIMD simulations with BOMD and SGMD. For BOMD I did with
OT approach and diagonalization(+smearing). In case of SGMD I have used
GAMMA = 0.01, with this parameter the <Ekin> = 4.7 eV and 3/2*N*kB*T =
4.6eV. Is it possible to get something better than this?
The target temperature is 330 K.

Regarding BOMD, why there is a shift between OT schemes and
diagonalization? Or am I not using the right parameters?

Many thanks in advance,
Alexandra