[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17245] total force calculated with cp2k not zero

Jürg Hutter hutter at chem.uzh.ch
Wed Jun 29 09:11:40 UTC 2022

Hi

I'm guessing due to lack of information:
 your accuracy settings are insufficient.

In addition, there is no strict translational invariance, see several discussions in this group.
You can hope for a total sum of the forces of about 1.e-4. However, this depends on
many settings, e.g. functional, basis set ...

regards

Juerg Hutter