[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17240] input parameter choice

Moser Mario mosermauer at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 10:42:17 UTC 2022

Hello,
i managed to install gromacs/cp2k and was able to simulate some systems, im
still quite new to it and i had a few question about some parameters you
can chose in input file.

I simulated a system with  Zn2+ with an histidine and in the &OT section i
had only MINIMIZER, STEPSIZE and PRECONDITIONNER FULL_ALL.
(in gromacs cp2k the input file is generated automaticly with the mdp file
but you can modify the cp2k.inp file and provided any inp file you want)

Then i wanted to simulate the exact same system but with Cu2+ instead of
Zn2+, this time in the &OT section i had UKS that appeared, i looked in
manual and UKS is using alpha and beta orbitals for spin polarized
calculations and ROKS is using a restricted Kohn-sham calculation.

I got advised to put ROKS instead of UKS, is this because Cu2+ has an
unpaired electron in orbital d (3d9) so we need to change multiplicity to 2
and restrict the DFT calculation ? (compared to Zn2+ who has no unpaired
electron so multiplicity is set to 1)

Is there a more detailed version of the online manual that i missed or a
book that could explain the parameters ?

Best regards,

Mario