[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17221] Re: What is the expected speedup by using GPU for CP2k

Ole Schütt ole.schuett at cp2k.org
Thu Jun 23 11:30:16 UTC 2022

Hi Wei,

there are a number of methods in CP2K that can take advantage of GPUs. For
more details see: https://www.cp2k.org/gpu

However, there are also a number of know issues which we're still working
on:
 - The grid code does not perform well for large basis sets:
https://github.com/cp2k/cp2k/issues/1785
 - DBCSR struggles with multi-GPU.

-Ole