[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17160] Re: Comparison between set initial temperature and temperature calculated from velocities

松尾拓郎 22w1045k at shinshu-u.ac.jp
Tue Jun 14 09:27:27 UTC 2022

Hi Marcella,

Thank you for your reply.

I understand your intention of dividing by the correct number of DoF.

I found that when I calculated with (T_Si_1 + T_Si_2 + ... +T_Si_32 + T_O_1
+ T_O_2 + ... + T_O_64 + T_C_1 + T_C_2 + ... T_C_4)/100 times the ratio of
DoF (300/297), I was able to get the same temperature as the cp2k output.

I didn't consider the translational DoF of the cell which is 3.
It became clear that the number 300 was DoF including the translational DoF
of the cell and the number 297 = 300 - 3.

Thank you very much for your help!

Kind regards
Matsuo