[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17152] Expert Advice needed: PERIODIC_EFIELD with metal nano-particle

Jürg Hutter hutter at chem.uzh.ch
Mon Jun 13 13:22:26 UTC 2022

Hi

I'm not an expert in this, but it looks to me you have the following options:

1) Use PERIODIC NONE, without smearing and a constant
     field (EFIELD keyword). Do MD and use TRAVIS to analyze.

2) Do MD and calculate the polarizability tensor along the trajectory and
     derive Raman spectra from the auto-correlation.

3) Calculate the IR spectra and perform finite difference calculations
     of the polarizability (without smearing) along (selected) normal modes.
     Calculate the Raman intensity from this data.

Maybe some spectra experts can help to find the most efficient method.

regards

JH