[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17091] When to stop a metadynamics in cp2k?

Robert bulmavegeta378 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 22:06:41 UTC 2022

Dear cp2k experts,

My question is for metadynamics experts. I am trying different forms of
metadynamics as test runs. The question I have is how do we decide when to
stop the MTD simulation? Both in simple MTD and well-tempered MTD.

WT-MTD is said to converge FES smoothly, but sill I am confused as to when
will one decide to stop it. Even after the barrier crossing takes place,
how do we know if the FES obtained is converged for WT-MTD? Same question
for simple MTD. I would be grateful for any clarification on this.

Thanks,
Robert