[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17085] Calculate Hessian matrix of an instantaneous configuration of a molecule

Andy ang.dionysos.gao at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 10:03:05 UTC 2022

Hi, I want to calculate the Hessian matrix of an instantaneous
configuration of a molecule. The configuration is not at minimum of the
Potential Energy Surface. In the Vibrational Analysis section of the cp2k
manual, it says "* The analysis assumes a stationary state (minimum or TS),
i.e. tight geometry optimization (MAX_FORCE) is needed as well.*" Does this
mean that cp2k can only calculate Hessian for minimum-energy state or
transition state? How do I calculate the Hessian for a state that is not
minimum or transition state?