[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17065] timeset and timestop subroutines in CP2K

Krack Matthias (PSI) matthias.krack at psi.ch
Wed Jun 1 16:33:22 UTC 2022

Hi Margherita

CALL timeset(“my_timer”, handle) creates a timer with the name “my_timer” and an integer identifier “handle” and starts the timer.
CALL timestop(handle) stops that timer and adds the time spent between the two calls to the timer “my_timer”.
If the timer exists already, then the new time slice is added to the existing accumulator of that timer and its call counter is incremented.
The information for the timer is printed at the end of the CP2K output (final timing report), if the accumulated time is above the chosen threshold value<https://manual.cp2k.org/cp2k-9_1-branch/CP2K_INPUT/GLOBAL/TIMINGS.html#THRESHOLD>.

HTH

Matthias