[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17371] Implicit solvent simulation

Krack Matthias (PSI) matthias.krack at psi.ch
Mon Jul 25 14:25:29 UTC 2022

Hi Lucas

SCRF allows only for a solute within a sphere which is not well suited for organic molecules adsorbed on a metal surface. SCCS could be applicable, but it might be difficult to get it converged for such systems. SCCS is not implemented for k points. In a first step, SCCS requires only the (experimental) dielectric constant of the solvent as an input. Alpha, beta and gamma are rather (semi-)empirical parameters retrieved somehow from experiments or other models. Alternatively, you can try the Environ plugin for QE<http://www.quantum-environ.org/>.

HTH

Matthias