[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17368] free energy calculation for metadynamics with external potential

alh chin alhchin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 08:01:21 UTC 2022

Dear all,

I would like to study a surface reaction using metadynamics. I built up a
box of water and placed my reactants on the surface of the box. when I run
MD, the reactants always flee to vacuum (gas phase). I want to apply an
external potential to my reactants so that they stay at the surface.

Question: would this affect my free energy calculation? Or the CP2K package
has a way to correct for the external potential when calculating the free
energy?  Thanks.