[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17362] Re: CO2 adsorption on Ni111

Marcella Iannuzzi marci.akira at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 10:54:15 UTC 2022

Hi

Even if it is only a test, such a small metallic system calculated only at
Gamma is going to be problematic.
If the wave function optimisation converges, it is going to give rather
inaccurate results.
There is an inconsistency between functional (PBE) and reference functional
for D3 (revPBE)
Ni might be difficult to handle due to magnetism.
The number of added MOS depends on the system size (i.e., density of states
in the few eV above Fermi) and smearing temperature.  Tuning BETA might
become necessary for hardy converging systems, but you should test first. I
find that ALPHA 0.18 is large.

Regards
Marcella