[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17327] Issues with stress tensor calculations.

Jürg Hutter hutter at chem.uzh.ch
Mon Jul 18 08:49:28 UTC 2022

Hi

unfortunately, without the complete input it is not possible to reproduce your findings.
>From your input I would suggest:

- use a recent version of CP2K (version 9.1 or the recently released 2022.1)
- Don't use LONG_RANGE_CORRECTION in D3
- for debugging purposes it might also be good to switch off CALCULATE_C9_TERM
- Use EPS_SCF 1.E-7 or lower
- Don't use &XC_GRID
                           XC_DERIV SPLINE2
                           XC_SMOOTH_RHO NN50
                     &END XC_GRID
- Increase REL_CUTOFF to 60 or higher
- Use CELL_REF with 20% increased cell parameters to stabilize the finite difference calculation.

best regards

Juerg Hutter