[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17316] Re: Metadynamics in CP2K

Meili Liu meililiu1024 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 12:45:27 UTC 2022

Dear Marcella,

I will try XYZ_DIAG or XYZ_OUTERDIAG. And Please allow me to ask question.

I tried the &DISTANCE (ATOMS 1 97) to set up the CVs. Below is part of my
input file for your reference:
#1 is a fixed Fe atom in the metal during MTD. Its coordinates are (0, 0,
-9.7).
#97 is the Oxygen atom and is flexible.
Picture 2 is the output file including CV1 and CV2 and size of cell box(ABC
information).
Picture 1 is sketch showing the box  size and position of O atom and Fe
atom in 2D plot.

 I found a different description for CV1. I try to use picture 1 and
picture 2 to describe it.
I add the WALL of position at Lx/2 and Ly/2. The input file(MD_meta.inp) is
attached.
However, the trajectory looks strange. I guess the problems are between PBC
and distance
instead of Position to result in the WALL setup maybe wrong. I am not sure
other description for distance
will have this issue or not. However, I didn't find the description for
position of one atom.

Thanks so much for any advice and ideas.

%%%%%%COLVAR%%%%%%%%
    &COLVAR

       &DISTANCE

         ATOMS 1 97

         AXIS X

       &END

    &END COLVAR

    &COLVAR

       &DISTANCE

         ATOMS 1 97

         AXIS Y

       &END

    &END COLVAR

%%%%%%WALL setup%%%%%%%%

     &METAVAR

       SCALE 0.1

       COLVAR 1

         &WALL

            POSITION 4.8

            TYPE QUARTIC

            &QUARTIC

               DIRECTION WALL_PLUS

               K  100.0

            &END

         &END

     &METAVAR

       SCALE 0.1

       COLVAR 2

         &WALL

            POSITION 4.2

            TYPE QUARTIC

            &QUARTIC

               DIRECTION WALL_PLUS

               K  100.0

            &END

         &END

Best,
Meili
University of Miami

在2022年7月13日星期三 UTC-4 07:51:54<Marcella Iannuzzi> 写道: