[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17280] WARNING in particle_methods.F:684 :: The distance between the atoms *** *** 10 and 405 is only 0.496 angstrom and thus smaller than the threshold *** *** of 0.500 angstrom

Jessie wang wangchuyan123 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 09:22:07 UTC 2022

Dear all,

I am new to cp2k and am performing a test geometry optimization.

The initial geometry is actually the result of Gaussian's geometry
optimization. So the initial input of the structure should be reasonable
enough for cp2k to run and converge in a short time.

But it displays "WARNING in particle_methods.F:684 :: The distance between
the atoms *** *** 10 and 405 is only 0.496 angstrom  smaller than the
threshold *** *** of 0.500 angstrom " a lot. And the program seems to be
stuck in a weird corner and not updating anything in the output, but it
keeps running on the server. I here attached the inp and out file here.[image:
WechatIMG224.jpeg]

I'm appreciate it if you can help me with this or provide any information
refers to the problem.

Thank you !!