[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16530] Re: [CP2K]how to set two MAGNETIZATION in the two &KIND section

Nicholas Winner nwinner at berkeley.edu
Sat Jan 29 21:09:17 UTC 2022

The "KIND" sections maps properties to atoms of that type. You cannot have
conflicting information for an atom's properties. This is why you can
specify multiple "KIND" sections. In your case, it would be:

&KIND Fe_up
     Element Fe
     MAGNETIZATION  4.297
&END
&KIND Fe_down
     Element Fe
     MAGNETIZATION  -4.297
&END

Note that because we are using an "alias" for these kinds, we must specify
what element it refers to.

-Nick

On Saturday, January 29, 2022 at 10:52:17 AM UTC-8 qingxi... at gmail.com