[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16492] Re: NaCL: mult-unit-cell gives a deformation

fabia...@gmail.com fabianducry at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 13:12:08 UTC 2022

Dear Victor,

You have the same number of atoms in both the 1x1x1 and the "2x2x2"
systems. The problem is that you only increased the size of the cell but
not the number of atoms. You need MULTIPLE_UNIT_CELL in both the &CELL and
&TOPOLOGY sections as described here:
https://manual.cp2k.org/cp2k-9_1-branch/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/SUBSYS/CELL.html#MULTIPLE_UNIT_CELL
*"The same keyword in SUBSYS%TOPOLOGY%MULTIPLE_UNIT_CELL should be modified
in order to affect the coordinates specification."*

Cheers,
Fabian