[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16433] Re: Cell Optimization of Platinum (Pt) with fcc (111) surface

hutter at chem.uzh.ch hutter at chem.uzh.ch
Thu Jan 6 10:44:59 UTC 2022

Hi

you are asking for extremely tight convergence for the geometry.
10^5 for all criteria is way tighter than the defaults.
If you need this tight convergence, you have to make sure that
gradients are equally accurate. If you check the output, you can see
that the Cell converged way before the geometry.

I would suggest to relax the geometry convergence criteria
or
set
EPS_DEFAULT 10^-14 or lower
EPS_SCF     10^-7 or lower
REL_CUTOFF   60 or higher
CUTOFF      800 or higher

regards

Juerg Hutter
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie                E-mail: hutter at chem.uzh.ch
Universität Zürich
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland