[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16423] Re: Cell Optimization of Platinum (Pt) with fcc (111) surface

Fabian Ducry fabianducry at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 21:03:31 UTC 2022

Dear Geng,

You should decrease eps_scf to 1e-7 or 1e-8. The default 1e-6 is good
for the initial stage of the optimization, when the forces/pressure are
still large. Later on this should be adjusted, especially if you request
such tight convergence criteria in &CELL_opt. Decreasing this value
reduces the noise in the forces and improves the convergence of the cell
optimization.

Cheers,

Fabian