[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16541] QM/MM- out of memory

Fatih Ertinaz fertinaz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 21:57:56 UTC 2022

Hi Isilay,

You're basically requesting a memory space of 1 GB in your job script,
however your job requires more than that as it fails oom error.

Simply remove the line where you ask for the memory. By doing that, you'll
be able to consume the entire memory that is physically available in the
node which is probably much larger than 1 GB.

Also, your job file looks like a Slurm file but you're using PBS
environment variable in the script. I think you should change that to
SLURM_SUBMIT_DIR.

That being said, there are some more confusions in your job script. For
instance, you request 1 node and 4 tasks (--tasks-per-node=4), but in the
srun you specify 24 processes. If I'm not wrong, a task in the Slurm world
corresponds to an MPI rank, so you should be requesting 24 cores instead of
4. The cpus-per-task and omp_num_threads seemed a bit off as well.

If I were you, I would allocate the entire node and avoid using the -n flag
in the srun which should utilize the entire node by default.

Hope this helps

Fatih