[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18260] CP2K exercise for converging the cutoff

Dragoon longdragoonae at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 16:52:52 UTC 2022

Hi Dobromir and Thomas,

Thank you all for the replies.
As I dug through the threads in this group. I realized many problems of the
CP2k Howto <https://www.cp2k.org/howto:converging_cutoff> and exercise
<https://www.cp2k.org/events:2018_summer_school:converging_cutoff> about PW
cutoff. Please correct me for my misunderstandings.
1. Based on one previous discussion
<https://groups.google.com/g/cp2k/c/ySUAYEgwmhc/>, SCF needs to be
converged with a large enough REL_CUTOFF, instead of a 1 step calculation
like in the Howto.
2. EPS_PGF_ORB 1.0E-07 or lower is usually needed for converging SCF.
3. 1e-3 ev / 3e-5 Hartree energy convergence is good enough for most
system? For this convergence the exercise system need to go to 800 Ry
cutoff.
4. GAPW sometimes can achieve a much smaller cutoff than GPW method. The
default parameters in CP2k are good enough for GAPW.

Thank you again,
Zhuoran

在2022年12月26日星期一 UTC-5 04:12:08<DMT> 写道: