[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18258] Re: TS Dimer method gives unphysical results

DMT dobromirak at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 14:15:48 UTC 2022

Also tried the following settings:

&MOTION
    &GEO_OPT
        TYPE TRANSITION_STATE
        OPTIMIZER CG
        MAX_ITER 2000
        RMS_DR 0.10E-04                    !DEF 1.5E-3
        MAX_DR 0.30E-04                    !DEF 3.0E-3
        RMS_FORCE 0.10E-04                !DEF 3.0E-4
        MAX_FORCE 0.30E-04                !DEF 4.5E-4
        &CG
              MAX_STEEP_STEPS 0
              &LINE_SEARCH
                   TYPE 2PNT                                    !WORKS WITH
CG
                   &2PNT
                     MAX_ALLOWED_STEP 0.20                !DEF 2.5E-1
                   &END 2PNT
              &END LINE_SEARCH
        &END CG
        &TRANSITION_STATE
            METHOD DIMER
            &DIMER
                DR 1.0E-2                            !DEF 1.0E-2
                ANGLE_TOLERANCE 2.0                    !DEFAULT
8.72664626E-02
                INTERPOLATE_GRADIENT T                 !DEFAULT T
                &ROT_OPT
                    OPTIMIZER CG
                    &CG
                        MAX_STEEP_STEPS 0
                        &LINE_SEARCH
                            TYPE 2PNT                !WORKS WITH CG
                            &2PNT
                                MAX_ALLOWED_STEP 1.0E-1                !DEF
2.5E-1
                            &END 2PNT
                        &END LINE_SEARCH
                    &END CG