[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18246] RI (Resolution of Identity) dies with no error, PBE0 calc

Augustin Bussy augustin.bussy at chem.uzh.ch
Thu Dec 22 13:16:26 UTC 2022

This is likely a problem of available memory. Memory management in RI-HFX is not as robust. While the standard HFX scheme can run with any amount of available memory (at the cost of recomputing some integrals at each SCF cycle), RI-HFX requires enough to store all 3-center integrals at once.

>From your output, I see that you have ~30GB of memory for a system with 936 basis functions. I also see that you are using 16 CPUs. I think that this is not enough to run such a large system at the HFX/hybrid-DFT level. At this point, my best advice would be to use a larger computer. Note that CP2K performance scales better with MPI ranks rather than OMP threads.

Best,
Augustin