[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18242] Re: QS Method, Basis, Potential and settings for organic molecules

DMT dobromirak at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 10:59:16 UTC 2022

Hello,

I kind of did a lot of digging and came up with the following general
inputs for PBE and PBE0 for organic, non-periodic systmes.
What do you think ?

Can I optimize them further ?

I guess the system is too small (Li near cyclohexadiene, 14 atoms) to
properly test the cutoff in
                &INTERACTION_POTENTIAL
                    POTENTIAL_TYPE TRUNCATED    !TRUNCATED 1/r (Coulomb)
POTENTIAL FOR SPEED UP
                    CUTOFF_RADIUS 6.0            !SHOULD BE < HALF THE CELL
                    T_C_G_DATA /home/lsd/cp2k_data/t_c_g.dat     !DATA FOR
THE EVAL OF TRUNCATED GAMMA FUNC
                &END INTERACTION_POTENTIAL

and

                !&PBE_HOLE_T_C_LR
                !    CUTOFF_RADIUS 6.0
                !    SCALE_X 0.25
                !&END PBE_HOLE_T_C_LR

but quite frankly even on a larger and periodic system (graphene) there
seems to be no speed up.

The EPS_SCHWARZ is set to 1.0E-6 either way.

Best Regards,
Dobromir