[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18215] Re: The temperature will rise sharply in the first few steps when executing the aimd task

Marcella Iannuzzi marci.akira at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 13:11:04 UTC 2022

Hi Yibo

The quick temperature increase might be due to a bad initial structure.
Difficult to guess with no information.

The warning tells you that with this type of velocity rescaling the
canonical ensemble is not correctly sampled
Hence if the goal is to extract from the simulation physical quantities as
ensemble averages or the statistical mechanics functions, the generated
trajectory is not appropriate.
Such rescaling is often used only in the equilibration phase.

Kind regards
Marcella