[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17527] Re: VIBRATIONAL_ANALYSIS: Direction of normal modes

shreya singh shrsingh183 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 07:10:45 UTC 2022

And to add to above point.
For the case of periodic system e.g. a crystal structure, are the normal
modes (or Hessian) calculated by assuming fixed cell parameters?
If no, then how can we obtain the change in cell parameters, corresponding
to let's say a unit displacement along a given normal mode.
If yes, can we calculate the Hessian (and normal modes) by taking cell
parameters not-fixed?

Regards
Shreya