[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17439] CuO cell optimization - changes too big

Lucas Lodeiro elunicolomo at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 21:06:23 UTC 2022

I see three things. First, use higher CUTOFF. With a REL_CUTOFF of 60 and
oxygen pseudo (higher gaussian exponent ~12) a CUTOFF of 720 is necessary.
Second, you are usign the LBFGS optimizer with a little cell (just 96
atoms), it is better BFGS. And the third and the most important, CuO is
antiferromagnetic, so you have to set the magnetization for Cu centers, no
just the whole system multiplicity.
Maybe this paper is useful:
https://journals.aps.org/prb/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevB.87.115111

Regards - Lucas