[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16899] Switching from LAMMPS/DL_POLY to CP2K: Avoiding multiple NONBONDED declaration

Krack Matthias (PSI) matthias.krack at psi.ch
Wed Apr 27 16:08:21 UTC 2022

Hi Casper

The &NONBONDED subsection &WILLIAMS defines indeed (exactly) a Buckingham potential. I prefer to define the nonbonded interactions in the CP2K input. You can include the &NONBONDED section from an external file using @INCLUDE to keep the main CP2K input file short.
Pay attention to the correct conversion of the potential parameter units. CP2K provides various units<https://manual.cp2k.org/cp2k-9_1-branch/units.html> which can be combined like in this test input<https://github.com/cp2k/cp2k/blob/master/tests/Fist/regtest-7-1/UO2-2x2x2-coord-0.inp>.

HTH

Matthias