[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16893] Re: Slow force calculation step timing using hybrid functionals

'Frederick Stein' via cp2k cp2k at googlegroups.com
Tue Apr 26 19:52:21 UTC 2022

Dear Branislav,

If you use the section &XC_SECTION <FUNCTIONAL_NAME>, CP2K will use the
standard parameters of the HF section. The employed thresholds in the
SCREENING provide accurate results but can be too tight. It might help, to
set the respective parameters of HF section explicitly:
&XC
# Add your other subsections here
&HF
&SCREENING
#Choose smaller values for higher accuracy
EPS_SCHWARZ 1.0E-6
EPS_SCHWARZ_FORCES 1.0E-5
&END SCREENING
&END HF
&END XC

Another parameter to tune is EPS_DEFAULT in the QS section.

Consult also the CP2K manual
(https://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/DFT/XC/HF.html) for
further reference.

HTH