[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16840] Re: Revised PBE

'Frederick Stein' via cp2k cp2k at googlegroups.com
Mon Apr 11 21:09:05 UTC 2022

Dear Josip (?),

In your input file, you are asking CP2K for a shortcut (see here:
https://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/DFT/XC/XC_FUNCTIONAL.html#SECTION_PARAMETERS).

What you actually need is the following:

&XC_FUNCTIONAL
  &GGA_X_PBE_R
  &END GGA_X_PBE_R
&END XC_FUNCTIONAL

The LibXC functional IDs do not have a shortcut but have their own
subsections in the XC_FUNCTIONAL section.

HTH

Frederick