[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16811] xTB descrepancy between CP2K and DFTB+

Pierre-André Cazade pierre.andre.cazade at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 10:10:45 UTC 2022

Dear Xavier and Jurg,

If I may join this discussion. I have recently started using TB methods,
both DFTB and xTB. I am currently testing these methods with CP2K, DFTB+,
and for xTB with xtb software. I am performing a MD simulation of a
chemical reaction. Both CP2K and xtb show a similar reaction path using xTB
but with DFTB+ the MD simulation explodes. However, if I use DFTB, the same
input is stable. Therefore, I wonder if the problem does not come from
DFTB+ rather than CP2K.

By the way, any plan to implement GFN2-xTB in CP2K?

Regards,
Pierre