[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16134] Installing cp2k fails at make -j $(get_nprocs) > make.log 2>&1

Fatih Ertinaz fertinaz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 16:43:10 UTC 2021

Like Alin said, this error looks like you're using a compiler that does not
support the C++ standard used in the source code:
ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'parameter' with no type

I don't know if there is a suggested gcc version in the compilation
instructions, however I was able to build cp2k along with a lot of its
dependencies from their source using gcc-7 and openmpi-4. I'd highly
recommend using it.

// Fatih