[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16316] Metal ion solution BO-MD simulation

Niharendu Choudhury niharc2007 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 06:11:28 UTC 2021

I would like to run an ab-initio BO-MD simulation of one M+ and one Cl- ion
in water.

Question No. 1:

I have set:
CHARGE 0
MULTIPLICITY 1
It is running, but I am not sure whether it is taking M or M+ (similarly Cl
or Cl-)?
Can anybody explain me how to understand that I am running M+,  not M
(atom) in water (similarly Cl-, not Cl atom) in water)?

Question No. 2:
Suppose instead of M+ and Cl-, if I want to consider only M+ (no counter
ion Cl- in the system)
what changes I need to make in the input file?
-
Thanking you
Dr. Niharendu Choudhury
Scientific Officer