[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16309] van der Waals cutoff vs. system size

Binquan Luan bqluan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 14:30:08 UTC 2021

Hi Juerg,
Thanks for clarification.  Can you help explain how the van der Waals
interaction is calculated when the cutoff distance is much larger than the
primitive cell. One example is a small molecule on the material surface. To
calculate the interaction between a small molecule and the substrate
surface, is the substrate surface duplicated (with the PBC)?
Best,
Binquan