[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16247] Structural optimization of carbyne

Hideki Tanaka htanaka1214 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 10:08:39 UTC 2021

Dear All,

Regarding the structural optimization of carbyne, when four carbon atoms
were placed in the unit cell, the distances between the carbon atoms were
periodic: 1.50 A, 1.20 A, 1.50 A, and 1.20 A. However, when six carbon
atoms were placed, all bonds were 1.27 A.  I also tried the hybrid
functional (HSE06), but the result was the same. What should I think about
this? Attached is the input file for the case of 4 carbon atoms in the unit
cell.

Thank you in advance.