[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16241] Re: Using TAMkin with CP2K - how is CP2K diagonalizing the Hessian matrix?

Eugene roginovicci at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 15:59:55 UTC 2021

This is defenetly late responce but in order to keep information there is a
reason for responce. I don't know units in CP2K output, but CP2K save
Hessian in unformatted bynary file, which can be easily read and then
diagonalized. The sqrt of eigenvalues is freqeuncy of vibrational modes
wich can be converted to cm-1 by factor multiplying, where the factor is:
sqrt(Hartree/AMU/Bohr2Angstrom)*1/2/pi/Angstrom/c*sqrt(massunit/Bohr2Angstrom)/1)10**5
Hartree=4.359748536313086e-18
AMU=1.6605402e-27
Bohr2Angstrom=0.529177207423948
massunit=a_mass/e_mass
a_mass=1.660538782e-27
e_mass=9.10938215e-31
I've wrote convertor from cp2k hessian file format to FORCE_CONSTANTS file
format (see attachment). Using PHONOPY one can write dynamical matrix, plot
eigenvectors and lot of other things.

Best wishes,
Eugene
среда, 10 июня 2020 г. в 16:56:53 UTC+3, tfjer... at gmail.com: