[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16229] SCF convergence issue

Thomas Kühne tkuehne at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 16:21:14 UTC 2021

Dear Hongyang,

your mixing values are too optimistic for your system, e.g. ALPHA is too large.
Anyhow, I would suggest to switch to OT. However, you have to be aware that
irrespective of all that what you are attempting is a seriously expensive
calculations that potentially would entail a rather large number of geometry
optimization steps. Hence, I would rather start with s.th <http://s.th/>. smaller first …

Best,
Thomas

> Am 14.11.2021 um 23:19 schrieb ma455... at gmail.com <ma455173220 at gmail.com>:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm a newbie in using cp2k. When I did a geometry optimization, I found that the first ionic step took 128 steps but still didn't converge at all. However, when it came to the second inoic step, the convergence was significantly faster (converged within 15 cycles). I'm wondering what causes this issue and are there any ways to improve the convergence behavior of the first ionic step?
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Hongyang

> <cp2k-out.txt><cp2k-inp.txt>

Thomas D. Kühne