[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16218] Re: CP2K/SIRIUS magnetic moment

Ole Schütt ole.schuett at cp2k.org
Fri Nov 12 13:51:47 UTC 2021

Hi Martin,

running a magnetic calculation for gold might not actually work because
it's paramagnetic. Furthermore, the starting direction for magnetization on
each atom can not yet be set in the input. However, you can try setting the
MAGNETIZATION
<https://manual.cp2k.org/cp2k-8_2-branch/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/SUBSYS/KIND.html#MAGNETIZATION>
keyword in the CP2K_INPUT / FORCE_EVAL / SUBSYS / KIND section.

Cheers,
Ole

On Thursday, November 11, 2021 at 11:30:56 AM UTC+1 konop... at gmail.com